Over 10 Years of Client Devotion
Olathe Criminal Appeals Attorney
Holding the Justice System Accountable in Kansas
Being convicted of a crime can result in many life-altering consequences, putting your future and reputation at risk. Fortunately, it’s possible to appeal the verdict and have it overturned. At Duma Law Offices, our criminal appeals attorney has a longstanding reputation for providing aggressive advocacy to clients in Olathe and beyond. No matter your case, you can rely on our firm to advocate for your best interests while protecting your hard-earned reputation.
A criminal case doesn’t end after conviction. If convicted of a crime, you have the right to review the record and appeal it. With extensive experience litigating criminal cases at the trial and appellate levels, you can trust Attorney Michael C. Duma to safeguard your freedom and future. Our highly skilled lawyer has a proven track record of successfully appealing a wide variety of verdicts, including municipal, state, and federal convictions.
Don’t let a criminal conviction affect the rest of your life without a fight. Our firm can work tirelessly to overturn the ruling. Call (913) 782-7072 to schedule a free consultation.
How to Win a Criminal Appeal in Kansas
Regardless of the severity of the charges against you, you have the right to appeal the verdict of your criminal case. The type of criminal appeal will vary based on the unique circumstances, such as the convicting court, the offense, and when your case took place. At Duma Law Offices, we can thoroughly evaluate your case to guide you through the legal intricacies of filing an appeal.
To appeal a criminal conviction, you must establish a valid error in your case that would reverse the court’s decision upon correction. You aren’t entitled to pursue a criminal appeal just because the outcome was less than ideal. Winning a criminal appeal can be complex and requires experienced representation from a skilled criminal appeals lawyer to be successful.
Remember, you cannot file a criminal appeal until the final judgment is entered. Afterward, you must file a "Notice of Appeal" within 14 days to reverse the conviction. Our attorney can carefully examine your case to identify the winning issue, fortify your argument with compelling evidence, and fight to appeal your conviction.
Common Types of Criminal Appeals We Handle
At Duma Law Offices, our team is well-versed in the nuances of criminal law to guide you through the complex legal landscape of the appeals process. We handle a wide range of appeals to serve clients in Olathe and beyond. Common types of criminal appeals we handle include:
What Happens After the Appeal?
Following a successful criminal appeal, the following events depend on its type and the issues raised. Consider these common scenarios:
- If you successfully challenged certain evidence: Your conviction will be reversed and your case will be sent back to the district court for a new trial that excludes the inadmissible evidence. If the inadmissible evidence was vital to the prosecution's argument, they may drop the charges entirely.
- If you successfully challenged the sufficiency of evidence: Your conviction will be reversed, and you will not be tried again for the offense.
- If you successfully challenged the procedures during sentencing: Your case will be returned to the district court to redo the sentencing through proper, lawful proceedings.
Why Choose Duma Law Offices?
Securing a strong defense is essential to investigate and perfect any criminal appeal. From assault and battery to rape to drug manufacturing, Duma Law Offices has over a decade of experience to help you navigate the appeals process. We can analyze your appellate options with a practiced legal eye, determine an effective legal strategy to employ on your behalf, and fight tirelessly to overturn the ruling.
Why hire Duma Law Offices? Some reasons to work with our firm include:
- Extensive experience: With over 10 years of experience in criminal defense, you can trust our attorney to aggressively defend your rights.
- Comprehensive legal knowledge: Attorney Duma has an in-depth understanding of criminal law to help clients navigate the legal intricacies of their case.
- Proven track record of results: Our award-winning firm has a proven track record of results in criminal appeals, giving you peace of mind that your rights are protected and prioritized.
If you’ve been charged with a crime in Kansas, don’t forgo your right to a robust defense from a skilled attorney. Our firm can thoroughly investigate your case to build a well-fortified defense on your behalf and fight to reduce or dismiss the charges you’re facing in criminal court.
Don’t compromise your future by failing to appeal a conviction. Contact us online to discuss your case with a seasoned defense attorney in Olathe.